Props revise

         Today's blog will be about my steps to regather certain props for my film. Now this film is still in works from given spectator comments as well as my own personal opinion, so changing the props was necessary in the final film. The certain mistakes which played through the first take of the film came as not getting the correct clocks for the hallway scene, using the wrong version of blood, and getting a new mask/costume and painting. Now some of these weren't mistakes, however it was and will be improvements with the final week I have to work on this project. Getting straight into it I came across parts in my film where I knew it could have been better, both in filming and features. The hallway scene came to a surprise for me as I thought my work was perfect, but as I took a look back the clocks just weren't doing it. So as I mark down on my phone certain items to find while school ended I began the search for the perfect medium sized wall clocks. I checked multiple stores being Dollar Tree, 5 and below, and finally Target. To my surprise Target was the only store which happened to store any type of wall furniture, but as I came across a certain section the best items appeared in front of me. A two for eight sale on medium sized wall clocks or so I presumed it was, but it worked out. Now with only an attempt for two more items it all came down to find a halloween store. The scenes which took place with the blood on the wall and the monster just didn't sit well with me, not only was the blood just too messy when I used a homemade product, but the monster's clothing and mask before hand was way too tight being hard to film in the first place. Beforehand I got the certain clips I needed, however with the idea that Party City was still open I was determined to get a new costume. So as one does I brought myself to Party City in an attempt to find an adult sized costume, and with my luck I did. It wasn't so long before I found the one small section in the back of the store, but it was good enough to use once in a lifetime. I knew that once I had all these props ready to go then the few scenes marked down as average would change my film for the better. In the last hour of my outside adventure I made it back home with a conclusion that I would attempt an online version of fake blood; it may not be as real as intended, but with the work and usage I'd put into it I could make it work. With my 3/4 props figure out it came down to my last one, which in my opinion seemed to be the easiest. All it needed to be was a switch of one painting for another, in the same place and same area. With that being done I can re-shoot the last scenes and use the final time I have to finish my edit before my submission date.

                                               

                                                        Here is the new clock I bought. (Bought 2)

           




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Editing process on Laptop Pt 1