Music research

         Music is no doubt a really important aspect in filming. Well for my film in particular I decided to go beyond finding music from some one else, I decided if I needed music Id use my friends piano/keyboard. My friend Eric is a learning musician and decided to take interest in piano which to me helped greatly. He thought of getting either a musical or electronic one, and the decision for electronic was the better one. He could be able to create different songs and effects all by pressing buttons. Sure, back before I wanted to incorporate him I did decided on finding samples of sounds but the longer the process the harder it was. I wanted to try and challenge myself in creating something new that others wouldn't think off. Take the approach to my back ground sounds for example, the sounds I use for the scratching and the monsters voice are all going to be edited versions of sounds I will be preforming. It came to me as I research from certain horror movies how sound in incorporated into the movies and it's shown by hand. So as this break and continuing days pass, I had met up with him and we decided to talk and test things out. At first he was kinda of unsure about helping me, as he thought what he was able to make would be authentic enough. However despite his thoughts I assured to him that what he would create would be perfect as his keyboard is made for more than just music, there are multiple sound effects built into it. Next did come the process of having him accept it. Within my twitter I will be posting a picture of the agreement by text on my usage of his property and skill. He did also by word agree to helping him and so we began. We started by testing out ever type of horror/scary sounds we could make and began to record them. On the keyboard he was able to change the pitch and frequency of the sound which was incredible. We decided to list the 5 best sounds since I brought my script and showed him the certain scenes which needed the sounds. We finished recording them and I explained to Eric how I would credit him within my film and on social media. My next few goals for the break is going to be finishing to edit my scenes then incorporating the sounds and the voice overs for my film.

Here is a picture of my friend (Eric's) keyboard.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Props revise

Editing process on Laptop Pt 1