Editing process on Laptop Pt 1

            The of editing of my end scenes as well as my pictures for my characters was being done on my phone. Now comes my first step/process of editing on my computer using editing apps. For these editing softwares, I decided to use two which were free and able to be accessed on my laptop. These two editing apps are called, "Imovie", and "FilmoraGo", however Imovie is the main one I used. I decided to go with these two since they were free and both were apple product editing softwares. In the future I may come across some type of software which works better which may be stated in my up coming blogs about my editing process. For now these work, they are simple and take clips and do as necessary by cutting them and inserting transitions from scene to scene. I kept Imovie, since my phone had the ability to access the app and transport over the edited clips so I went from there. My beginning process was trying to start on the editing of the first scenes which were taken without the props. These included around fourteen scenes that did not include my props which needed to be edited. I started to take each scene from the flash drive which they were moved to from my phone and proceeded to put them all on Imovie. Cutting down the time and take parts of the clips that weren't needed was what came next, each scene had at least one thing to edit and cut down which was great for the time management. I took the "bad" parts which either included extra sound, bad camera movement, or extra time recording and threw those parts out. Then with the edge of each clip came a scrolling mode where you can highlight the clip and put a transition. The transition I needed was just a clean cut, which meant no type of detailing and just had a smooth cut between each scene.  The lighting for the scenes didn't matter at the moment as I just wanted to cut and crop each scene for the day however that came as a task to be completed. I took a chance to look at the lighting tool and choice to mess around with the lighting, of course none of it became a part of the final task, however I did pin a few I liked.  One step which was very important was to take all of the sound for certain scenes and cancel it completely. There was zero talking within them however the background noise was difficult to come across. The point behind it was to cancel the noise so that the voice overs would be perfect and not be challenged with the other background noise. Now with the editing scenes which were fully cropped got saved onto a file in my flash drive which will then be plugged into the final movie once the rest of the scenes are given the same process.

Here is the logo of the "Imovie" app.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Props revise