Editing process on Laptop pt 3



   This blog is going to elaborate on the finishing touches of both my edits on the scenes with props and without. In the past few days I have completed a majority of editing for both sections of my film and saved them on a drive. Today I worked upon completing and putting both sections together to create my final film within Imovie. FilmoraGo wasn't very useful in the end run and I decided not to go ahead and finish my film on that app. On Imovie I dragged all the footage I had edited and first looked at the length, which turned out to be around 5 minutes which is where we need it to be. Not over 6 and not under 5 so my length was at a reasonable size, then came time to rewatch for any errors. As I put each scene in the corresponding order in which my story board was created, I found that some transitions weren't going as smooth as I hoped it to be. Now this issue may come from the app itself, but as seen that I've used it before it meant that I needed to fix something. The main error really came once the living room scene happened as way too many cut shots were happening back to back, from one item to another. So in order to fix it, I tried to space out the transitions so that it would be a half a second longer for those few scenes, which to a surprise seemed to work. Not only did the order and time stay manageable but the whole flow of the movie didn't seem to stop or pause. As each scene is carefully looked upon by myself, I decided to mark on paper the certain scenes worth editing for lighting and audio rendering. As my own mistake from the first few days of working on all the scenes back to back, I had a couple scenes missed with the clipping of audio and the lighting being too dark to see the characters. For the next hour and a half, I worked on cutting the audio for the next and final edit of voice overs in the coming day, and working on lighting fixtures. The lighting was not ideal for Imovie which is why some prefer FilmoraGo, however I wasn't just able to copy and transport the rest of the working on clips as I'd need to save and redo some parts which take lots of time. So as a secondary attempt I decided to use the editing tools of Imovie which didn't need to be amazing, but just needed to show the characters a bit more, and with a couple tweaks it worked. Both the sound and lighting was fixed and a final rundown for the film was given by not only myself, but in fact my family and a classmate. There was in fact a space to input audio so when the time comes for voice overs the inserting won't be a problem. The final scenes which were flagged have also been removed from my drive to make space for my film once it's ready to be downloaded and saved off the app to my computer. Within the last few final days I will be working on the voice overs and special sound effects to insert at points in the movie for the final touch, then look once more and save the final film.

                                            

                                               Here is the audio insert section from the Imovie app.

                                                     






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Props revise

Editing process on Laptop Pt 1