Story Board for short film

          

    This assignment was to create a story board for our 5 minute film project. When I created this story board I followed the certain format which my script followed per scene. Not only did I have the whole movie portrayed within my mind, but I knew what I wanted to draw per scene. For the drawing aspect I decided to take pictures of each scene in action with my father to help me as the character to get a good idea at what i'm looking at. For the writing aspect is where some of my script came out in, as I brought each scene to live stating what was going on in that one box which is one scene, not only did I number them I also stated whether there was dialogue or not. Within the text box to show which camera angles I wanted to use, I wrote each angle or camera shot per scene. During this process it took me around three to four days, as I needed to collect the pictures, then draw out each scene to the best of my ability as I do tend to call myself an artist although not so much anymore, then I needed to write the description of each scene and state what camera angle used. I only had two characters within the whole story so the ones I drew were only Jason as the second character is mainly showed up in two scenes. I also decided to state whether the dialogue used is going to be internal or external. However for the way in which this film is going to be created the P.O.V shot is used a lot within my film, as the main character is Jason as we experience and follow him around the area. I decided to keep the drawing specifically black and white, so I can change at any point the color scheme of any different scene I choose. Each single page of the story board templet had six boxes, so due to my movie only being 5 minutes I attempted to make each box a scene, thus I was left with 5 pages and 22 boxes filled. Due to me not being in a group this year, not only did I have to come up with the description but also draw, however due to this I got to use my own original ideas and not have to compare and share many different ones. Each scene I end up filming would end up being a few seconds so each scene has something special, within my film I will be using a bunch of different props. The props I'm using were shown and drawn within the story board as they were key to the story. Personally, I ended up enjoying the time that I spent working on the story board alone. I had to look back at many different camera angles, however I got to push my whole movie within 22 boxes. As each box gives a story and is drawn to max effort by myself, this story board portrays side by side description from the film therefore being the perfect drawing expression of my 5 minute film idea.


 PowerPoint (Story Board)- 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Props revise

Editing process on Laptop Pt 1