End Scene re-film

          As the day began, I began to look over certain scenes from filming from the past couple days. Within the time of looking over, I came across certain mistakes which were posed in the final end scenes. I started to edit the scenes which were the shortest and do certain cut downs with the longer scenes and came across a few errors in my final scenes which I filmed. The first of the problems was the camera angles and the characters facial expressions. In the last few shots including the monster and the character reaching for the painting, my mid shot was to far down and included the knees up which wasn't what I was going for. The facial expressions of the character also seemed to be pretty forced as instead of having a scared face, the actor seemed to have a confused facial expression. These few detail were easy enough to fix as the whole day I was able to film the last scenes. I began the scenes with a new approach, I kept the lighting the same and had the facial expressions change as Noam took multiple takes. Each take had the exact angle I was going for and it came out great for those two shots. Of course the process for those shots which weren't the only ones took a while, due to the fact that lighting was changed a bit, and my dogs had gotten in the shots. Continuing from where I left off, the next scenes which needed fixing was the living room and hallway scenes. The living room scene need to include more blood as the amount portrayed in the earlier shots just didn't give it that horror aspect I needed. For the hallway scene the full body tracking shot was on key, however the end scene where it was the POV to the watch wasn't centered as possible. To start the fixing, I grabbed the "fake" blood and began to use my body as a canvas, putting the blood on my hands and spreding it around. I made sure not to fully cover the surfaces so that the items would still be noticed. The living room scene was still a bit of a trouble as the hight is a problem for the filming since the POV is directly over the character. We decided upon using a ladder, we didn't anticipate the hight in which the ladder provided, so the camera shot would be a bit shaky. We finished the shot with perfection as Noam handled the camera perfectly we got the shot we wanted. Next few days are going to be the process of social media tweeting the process and the editing of the new shots in conjunction to the old ones. I'm planing to have the editing process be finished within three days to have extra time to edit my social media accounts. 


                    

Here is a picture of the set for the final scenes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre choice of film

Props revise

Editing process on Laptop Pt 1